Missionary Ventures began in 1983 with a single team visiting Guatemala from the United States. There had been a devastating earthquake, and people wanted to help. During the trip, they supported the local churches, not only rebuilding damaged homes, but also building relationships and sharing Christ. Teams began to return year after year, focusing on creating disciples and building up the local church. Soon, Missionary Ventures sent the first long-term missionary to be “boots on the ground” in Guatemala and help facilitate the teams who visited each year.
These principles drive our mission and shape our purpose:
- Knowing and loving God.
- Loving people unconditionally.
- Empowering and equipping national Christians to fulfill the Great Commission.
- All Christians are called to make disciples.
- Maintain integrity, excellence, and passion in all we do.
- Protect the dignity of those with whom we partner.
- A commitment to interdenominational ministry.
- Involvement in the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20): We encourage all Christians to look beyond themselves to share the love and message of Jesus Christ, both at home and cross-culturally.
- Discipleship: we consistently ask ourselves how our ministries are empowering, equipping, and mobilizing national believers to fulfill their destiny to becoming mature in Christ, and fully functioning as Christ’s ambassadors to the world.
- Facilitate national ministry: we focus on strengthening the local church by partnering with and empowering the leadership God is raising up from among them.
- Strategic Investment: careful investment of resources into projects and programs to enhance the work of the global church in developing disciples.
- Operate a thriving headquarters and build solid financial partnerships to facilitate our mission and vision.
- We believe God the Father is loving and forgiving.
- We believe that Jesus, God’s only Son, laid down His life as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world.
- We believe that salvation is available to all who believe and confess Christ as Savior.
- We believe Jesus has called and equips all believers to go into the world to tell, as well as to demonstrate, the gospel of the kingdom of God.
- We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within the life of every believer to teach, equip, anoint, and comfort us to live the Christian life with joy, patience, and endurance.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, profitable for teaching, correction, and training in righteousness, in order that Christ’s redemptive purpose can be known in the world.
- We believe the church is the organic and corporate expression of God’s purpose and love, comprised of individual believers who worship, love, and care for one another.
- We believe that discipleship is the key to effective evangelism and ministry.
- We believe that effective discipleship must comprehend and address the culture where ministry occurs.
News & Events
We have so many wonderful projects underway. Read more here!